Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Ohio is committed to providing clean and healthy family-centered spaces for families to rest, recharge and connect with one another. The health and well-being of our guest families, staff, volunteers and community are our top priority.
The following changes are in effect to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
PROGRAM PAUSES AND MODIFICATIONS
- Ronald McDonald House Programs in Akron and Cleveland are accepting new room requests on a gradual basis. More information can be found on the room request page for each location:
Akron Room Request | Cleveland Room Request
COVID-19 protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Health screening upon entry
- Social distancing
- Facemask requirements
- Limited use of common areas
- Ronald McDonald Family Room programs are resuming with limited hours. Safety protocols and restrictions are in effect and will be strictly enforced. Family Room hours by location (subject to change without notice):
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday, Tuesday & Friday | 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday
- UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday & Thursday | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- MetroHealth Medical Center: Closed at this time
- The STAR Center at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Outpatient Center is temporarily closed.
- In-person group volunteer activities are returning to the Cleveland House, subject to group size and safety guidelines. Akron group opportunities are still currently on hold.
- We are welcoming back a limited number of existing individual volunteers for some programs, subject to guidelines.
- Non-essential visitors are limited and all visitors will be screened for risk factors before being permitted to enter the House and must wear face masks.
- In-kind donations are being accepted using vestibule or outside drop-off. We are in most need of toiletries, paper products, cleaning products and gift cards and other wish list items.
Your support via monetary and food donations will be even more important in the weeks ahead. Due to the limits on meal groups, monetary and grocery gift card donations are critically needed. If you are able, please consider a contribution. We, and our families, are grateful for your help.