Help Us Serve Compassionate Cuisine
It's not just nourishing our bodies, it's nourishing our souls. The day's over and you can just relax with your family like you do at home.
The availability of quality, freshly prepared meals is one of the benefits most consistently noted and appreciated by guests of the Ronald McDonald House. It not only saves families time and money, it helps to lessen stress by providing a sense of normalcy and relief after difficult days and nights at the hospital.
The meal programs at both House locations typically rely on volunteer groups and individuals to prepare and serve meals. COVID-19 pandemic restrictions have changed that.
Feeding Families in the Age of COVID-19
Our teams have successfully pivoted and created a Quarantine Edition of our Family Meal Program. In both the Akron and Cleveland House, this still means providing three meals a day…plus!
- Continental breakfasts of fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, pastries
- Individually packaged, Grab and Go lunches
- Hot dinners, individually packaged and delivered to rooms at guests’ request
- Healthy snacks, beverages and desserts (sometimes delivered via a dessert cart)
In 2020 the two Houses served more than 50,000 individual meals. The Family Rooms in hospitals also provided snacks, beverages and hosted 40 safely delivered meals for families and healthcare staff.
None of this would be possible without our community’s generosity. Without groups to provide meals, expenses are higher. We rely on:
- Monetary contributions to purchase ingredients and supplies
- Catered meals donated by groups, companies and restaurants
- In-kind donation of meal ingredients from McDonald’s suppliers, local dairies, fruit and vegetable distributors and more
- Wish List donations of gift cards, individually packaged snacks and supplies
This all adds up to a big savings for the meal program budget so we can keep feeding families, helping them stay strong for their children.