Family Room at UH Rainbow
CURRENT HOURS: MONDAY – FRIDAY FROM 9 AM – 6 PM (subject to change without notice)
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s is located on the 2nd floor near the PICU.
Families must register once per month at the Family Room volunteer desk.
Safety Protocols: subject to change without notice
- Family Room occupancy is limited to 5 individuals at any one time
- Hands must be sanitized or washed with soap and water upon entering
- Face masks must be worn at all times, no exceptions
- Social distancing must be maintained
- To-go food and drink items are available
- Kitchenette offering snacks and beverages
- Wireless internet and computer access
- Quiet lounge area to relax, read, or watch TV
- Comfortable space for siblings and young visitors
- Laundry facility (supplies provided)
Happy Wheels: temporarily suspended
Happy Wheels, a mobile hospitality cart provided by the Family Room, offers light refreshments and treats to patients and families in PICU, Immunocompromised (Rainbow 2), Rainbow 3, Rainbow 4 – NICU stepdown unit, Rainbow 5, 6 & 7.
We would not be able to operate the Family Room, Happy Wheels carts, or provide special comforts such as family meals without the support of our dedicated volunteers.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, including becoming a Family Room Host, visit here.
Contact the Family Room
Ronald McDonald Family Room at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Rainbow Building, Room 2342
11000 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106
Staff Manager: Katie Muckle