Cleveland House Guidelines
The following guidelines have been established in order to provide a safe, clean and enjoyable atmosphere for all of our guests. Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate eviction from the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House (“House”) or the inability to stay in the House again.
- Reducing the risk of COVID-19 and other contagious diseases: We require that masks be worn in all common areas of the House. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at the front desk. Masks are not required in your guest room or outside. Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required in all common areas. Families are responsible for immediately disclosing any symptoms of illness or results of a positive COVID test. Guests must comply with state and local health orders.
- Occupancy: Rooms must be utilized daily, and families must be involved in the patient’s care at the hospital daily (for inpatients.) All patients (regardless of age) staying at the House need to be accompanied by a related adult, guardian, or caregiver over the age of 18. All overnight guests must be registered in the office and pass a background check (if age 18 or older).
- Visitors: Visitors are permitted 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. only, must sign the visitor’s log at the front desk, and are restricted to the first-floor common areas and outside. Only home health care or medical service providers are allowed to visit in guest rooms.
- Common Areas: Masks and social distancing are required in all common areas including hallways and the elevator. Depending on COVID precautions, common areas may be restricted or closed.
- Food/Kitchen: Families may eat in their guest room or in outside dining areas.
- Substance Abuse: The use of alcohol or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited in or around the House. Violation of this policy will result in immediate eviction! Anyone under the influence (as determined at the sole discretion of the RMHC NEO) will be evicted immediately.
- Weapons: Weapons are strictly prohibited in or around the House. Violation of this policy will result in immediate eviction.
- Smoking: Smoking is permitted only on the circular patio across the back parking lot, per State law. Smoking in undesignated areas or tampering with smoke detectors or fire alarms will result in immediate eviction.
- Security: DO NOT open any outside doors to anyone other than your own family. Please report any suspicious activities immediately to the front desk.
- Children: Children (under age 18) must be supervised at all times by an adult (over 18).
- Child Abuse: Child abuse will be reported to the proper authorities and may result in eviction from the House. In addition, the House is a “no hitting” zone.
- Cleaning: Families are responsible for keeping their room clean and removing trash regularly, and prior to checkout. Common areas (kitchen, laundry, computer lab) must be cleaned immediately after use.
- Parking/Exits: There is parking space for one car per guest room. Cars must be registered with the front desk, and families should park in the secured/gated back lot. Do not use emergency exits in non-emergency situations.
- Misconduct: Disruptive behavior or general misconduct (as determined at the sole discretion of RMHC NEO) is prohibited. “Quiet hours” are 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. daily.
- Harassment: Harassment of guests or staff is strictly prohibited. Any act of harassment will be reported to the police and result in immediate eviction. If you are subject to any harassment, please contact the manager on duty.
- Pets: Pets are strictly prohibited in or around the House.
- Other Prohibited Items: Latex balloons, candles/flames and toy weapons (guns, bows and arrows, swords, etc.) are not permitted in the House.
Note: RMHC NEO staff reserves the right to enter any guest room to perform routine or emergency maintenance, or for any other reason. RMHC NEO reserves the right to deny entrance to any guest. Exceptions to these rules must be approved in advance by RMHC NEO staff.