In the Community
Dental Care for Kids in Northeast Ohio
Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, in partnership with UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, provides dental service to children ages 3-12 in underserved areas of Northeast Ohio. Pediatric dental disease, also known as childhood tooth decay, is the #1 chronic childhood disease in America. If left untreated, the effects on a child’s health and wellness can be devastating.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is a modern dentist office on wheels that provides diagnostic, preventative and restorative treatment and education to at-risk children right in their own communities. The 42-foot-long vehicle is operated by UH Rainbow Pediatric Dental Department and travels to twenty counties in Northeast Ohio, providing crucial care including:
- Dental screenings and cleaning
- Emergency palliative treatment, including temporary restorations
- Tooth extractions – not requiring specialty intervention
- Filling cavities, placing crowns and pulp therapy
- Bacteria-killing fluoride varnish application
- Routine restorative services for primary and permanent teeth in children
- Dental preventive care education
- Dental resources information and referrals
The Care Mobile’s focus is to provide needed dental care for children without a regular dentist who would not otherwise receive this care. To find out if your school, preschool, day care center or agency qualifies for a Care Mobile visit, click here.